THE ACCESSORY AWARDS 2022 - #1 SCANDINAVIAN
The Accessory Circle invites independent designers and brands around the world to apply for The Accessory Circle Awards (phase one 'Scandinavian brands' - open from 1st January to 31st March 2022). The Award is open for independent fashion or home accessory designers and brands from or based in one of the Scandinavian countries including Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Aland Islands, and Greenland.
We would like to celebrate Scandinavian design philosophy, which emphasises calm elements, functionality, and minimalism. Scandinavian values such as the environment, culture, craftsmanship, and a sustainable lifestyle serve as a foundation for today's most talked about topics in fashion and design.
The organiser X Terrace continues their mission to support the talent of the future. The platform launched The Accessory Awards for independent brands in January 2022. The competition rewards designers or brands of any size or scale, selected for their outstanding creativity and commercial viability. It enables the emergence of a new generation of brands, gives them the stage they deserve, and an opportunity to be introduced to a new customer base to support their growth.
It is completely free to participate in this competition.
You are eligible for the competition if,
- You are a designer or a brand in the field of jewellery, watch, eyewear, shoes, bag, scarf, umbrella, home decor, homeware, art, textiles, stationery, technology for home, beauty, and other accessories.
- You or your team are professional artisans of 18 years or older.
- All nationalities and genders are welcome. Phase one is open to Scandinavian origin brands.
- Your entries may be made by an individual or collective (as a ‘group submission’).
- Each application can present either one single piece of work or one series of works (up to three pieces).
- The submitted work must be owned by the participant, at all times.
- Be an original piece, handmade, partly handmade, or designed by the participant.
- The submitted work must have been recently created (in the last five years), and is innovative, artistic.
- The submitted work should demonstrate element(s) of Scandinavian design philosophy or craftsmanship.
- The winning design is to travel and be installed by X Terrace team at London Accessory Week 2022.
- Best Craftsmanship Award
- Best Design Concept Award
- Best Functionality Award
- Best Sustainability Award
- Best Beauty and Fragrance Award
- Customer’s Choice Award
- Future Star Award
* Applicants who are under 25 years old will be considered for Future Start Award, an internship with us will also be offered.
AWARD PHASES & SUBMISSION DEADLINES
- #1 Scandinavian brands: 1st January 2022 - 31st March 2022
- #2 UK & Ireland brands: 1st April - 30th June 2022
- #3 Europe brands (except #1&2 countries): 1st April - 30th June 2022
- #4 USA & Canada brands: 1st October - 31st December 2022
- #5 Oceania brands: 1st January - 31st March 2023
- #6 Africa brands: 1st April - 30th June 2023
- #7 Asian brands: 1st July - 30th September 2023
Prizes for each category of Accessory Awards
Winners per Award
Total Prize Value
Award & Value
6 months "Special" Membership
6 months "Master" Membership
6 months "Crafter" Membership
A "Maker" Membership
|Event Funding |
For booking any X Terrace events
Print Press Features
The Circle Magazine
2 Pages - Designer Interview + Ad (worth £192)
1 Page - Designer Interview Feature (worth £96)
Shopping Destination Listing (worth £24)
Online Press Features
On 4 websites TAC, THC, LAW, X Terrace
Designer Interview article
Designer Interview article
London Accessory Week 2022
One design (worth £120)
Social Media Features
4 Official Accounts
TAC, THC, LAW, X Terrace
Apply to be considered for the Awards
Tell us about you, we look forward to supporting your talent!
If you are a fashion or home accessory designer or brand that meets the above criteria, please submit an application below for consideration. If you are not from one of these countries, you can still submit an application form, but you can only be entered to the relevant phase of the competition later on. We will keep your application on our system, and get in touch in the near future.
If you have any questions, please check out the FAQ page.
Who is the Organiser?
X TERRACE FASHION PLATFORM
WE BELIEVE IN INDEPENDENT BRANDS
Rejoicing a diverse field of international creativity, we have connected 850 designers with a global community of fashion lovers with many successful exhibitions and pop-up shops. We have also built a loyal following of over 100,000 fashion and accessory lovers on social media, who make their way to London for the exceptional annual events we organise and visit our two e-commerce websites regularly.
X Terrace Fashion Platform, founded by Monique Lee Hylands-White of Monique Lee Millinery, is the team that brings you the joy of showcasing and indulging in unique hats at The Great Hat Exhibition (the official London Hat Week exhibition) and ‘Hatmosphere’ hat shop every year in London since 2014.
We have had the pleasure of partnering with Shangri-La Hotel at The Shard during our recent Catwalk Show and presented previous Press Preview Shows in collaboration with PINKO for 2 successive years. In 2021 we partnered with SJH Group, Rolls Royce and Bentley Enthusiasts Club to present our designers to over 2000 owners from the club at the London Press Ball at JW Marriott Grosvenor House London in Mayfair, London.
In 2020, we launched our first e-commerce website The Hat Circle dedicated to milliners and hat lovers, we currently have 181 members and over 1000 hats on the website. In March 2021, we launched The Accessory Circle, currently supporting 100 amazing fashion, home accessories, and beauty brands for accessory lovers from around the world.
In 2021, we have introduced London Accessory Week – a “must visit” week full of fun and exquisite designs where you can indulge and immerse yourself in the world of unique accessories. The 2022 edition of London Accessory Week will be held at Chelsea Old Town Hall on 16 & 17 July 2022.
If you are a fashion or home accessory brand/designer and would like to stay in touch with us, please click here.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org